It’s always good to take a break especially when we feel overworked or when we feel overwhelmed with our lives.
That’s the first question to ask…WHAT WOULD I LIKE TO DO RIGHT NOW?
Things you can do:
- Putting up your feet. It always feels nice to put up our feet especially when we may be on them for long periods.
- A 10 minute break to move your body by dancing. When we are in one position for long periods it can lead to feeling lethargic. Getting up and actually moving our bodies gets oxygen moving to our brain and body. Moving our bodies is very beneficial not only to the body, but also to our mind and spirit. That means feeling well, physically, mentally and emotionally. This will leave you feeling energised.
- Going for a walk.
- Stretch your body and breathe. When we are in one position for a long time, our muscles become tight and stretching allows our muscles to become loose and relaxed. Deep breaths allow oxygen to flow to your whole body and feeling centred in yourself allowing inspiration to flow.
- Doing something fun.
- Listening to your favourite tunes.
- Read a book.
- Eat a healthy snack to bring back blood sugar levels. Blood sugar can drop when we spend endless hours focused on one thing and can lead to low energy.
- Watching or listening to an inspiration video to inspire you.
- Talk to a friend. This may give you a different perspective on what you are working on or you may talk about something completely different.
Remember it’s okay to take a break. You never know how it will benefit you unless you give it ago. Taking a break allows us to come back to the job at hand with renewed energy and sense of purpose.
Thank you for tuning in. Don’t forget to post a comment if you enjoyed reading this and feel free to share this with one person who may benefit from it.