Procrastination is the act of delaying or putting off tasks until the last minute, or past their deadline. Are you someone who puts of doing things.
Why Do You Procrastinate?
We often come up with a number of excuses or rationalizations to justify our behaviour. Some reasons for procrastinating could be:
- Not knowing what needs to be done
- Not knowing how to do something
- Not wanting to do something
- Not caring if it gets done or not
- Not feeling in the mood to do it
- Believing that you work better under pressure
- Being in the habit of waiting until the last minute
- Thinking that you can finish it at the last minute
- Lacking the initiative to get started
- Blaming sickness or poor health
- Waiting for the right moment
- Needing time to think about the task
- Delaying one task in favor of working on another
- Higher levels of stress and illness
- Increased burden placed on social relationships
- Resentment from friends, family, co-workers, and fellow students
- Consequences of delinquent bills and income tax returns
- Make a to-do list: To help keep you on track, consider placing a due date next to each item.
- Take baby steps: Break down the items on your list into small, manageable steps so that your tasks don’t seem so overwhelming.
- Recognize the warning signs: Pay attention to any thoughts of procrastination and do your best to resist the urge. If you begin to think about procrastinating, force yourself to spend a few minutes working on your task.
- Eliminate distraction: Ask yourself what pulls your attention away the most—whether it’s Instagram, Facebook updates, or the local news—and turn off those sources of distraction.
- Pat yourself on the back: When you finish an item on your to-do list on time, congratulate yourself and reward yourself by indulging in something you find fun.
I have to say Meditation has helped my mind, body and life. It has helped me keep my sanity, I have become more present, mindful and focused.
Daily Meditation Practice can improve life because it focuses on making you emotionally, mentally, physically strong and so much more. Who doesn’t want to feel good? I am not saying it will always be Sunshine and Roses. Meditation helps to navigate through life providing lots of tools and strategies that can help and inspire Wellness.
If you would like to know more about meditation, I have created a beginners meditation course online. Click the button below to find out more.
If you felt this has helped, follow for more tips and tag 4 people who you think will appreciate this.